Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

THE ANIMALS - I'M CRYING

While 'I'm Crying" was a minor US chart hit (peaking at #19), it's a song that's NEVER played on oldies radio. I'm not denying the greatness of this amazing band from the far north of England, but my fears always lie with the fact that so many great jams can get lost to history, loved only by the most devoted.

"I'm Crying" is perhaps the mosy driven mod rave up in The Animals catalog, and the song is perhaps the peak of the songwriting collaborations of organist Alan Price and vocalist extraordinaire  eric Burdon. Sadly, Alan Price left the group a few short months after this record was released, and while the band continued on (releasing some great sides along the way), nothing could match that magical original lineup. Price is a force of nature on the electric organ!

from 1964...

THE ANIMALS - I'M CRYING

4 comments:

Unknown said...

love The Animals and this song in particular. Do you have this 45 from the picture? I don't know how you do this, like upload the songs and whatever but if you have the capability and if it's not too much trouble, would you please upload the song on the other side? I think it's called, "Take it easy." I've never heard that song before. Thanks for the history of the song and band, I had no idea! And thanks for having this site and uploading all of these songs! I'm having so much fun listening and going through your archives! Peace

Braitman said...

Here is "Take It Easy" .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mw8wzThvxw

33ejb said...

Awesome!!! I haven't heard this in... well, since 1964 maybe?? I was about 12 years old then, and it's hard to believe but Burdon, Price and the rest were barely more than teenagers themselves.

I agree 100% about this lineup of the band with Alan Price - the best. There'a a great video of a live performance of this on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XQYcyhHemc

... from the Ed Sullivan Show, maybe? Thanks for the (distant) memories!

a said...

As much as I loved the Alan Price lineup ,Dave Rowberry who replaced him, played on a lot of HUGE hits. Plus he played a Lowery organ which wasn't used much by the rock guys back in 65. I'm Crying is my all time favorite song of theirs and the version they did live on ED SULLIVAN is to die for.