Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, March 1, 2010

THE ARTISTICS - THIS HEART OF MINE


I've resisted posting this classic for a long time, as mu copy has some serious surface noise at the beginning but I woke up with it in my head and figured the time is right. You folks don't mind a bit of surface noise, DO YOU?

Simply another incredible piece in the Chicago soul puzzle from the always excellent Artistics. This track was written by Detroit's Barrett Strong (as in "Money (That's What I Want)") which I really dig; Chicago+Detroit+1965= perfection!

from 1965...

THE ARTISTICS - THIS HEART OF MINE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great record! And it really does sound like "Detroit + Chicago" -- not quite a Motown record, but a bit more "Motown-like" than a lot of what was coming out of Chicago back then. Was Barrett Strong moonlighting, or had he left Motown by then?

Marc

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I was thinking -- my last question made no sense. I know Barrett Strong hadn't left Motown; he was writing songs with Norman Whitfield. But was he moonlighting in this case, or was this a cover of an obscure Motown song?

Marc