Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, March 19, 2010

THE VELVELETTES - A BIRD IN THE HAND (IS WORTH TWO IN THE BUSH)


I'm very grateful that someone wrote and asked me to feature this song; I thought I featured it a few years back but I looked thru the archives and found that I never did (it gets hard to keep track sometimes!)

This record certainly deserves to be featured, as it is pure Motown girl group bliss.

from 1965...


THE VELVELETTES - A BIRD IN THE HAND (IS WORTH TWO IN THE BUSH)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grorwing up in the UK as Motown made it big worldwide in the 60's, I remember seeing the Velvalettes on TV and thinkng they were better than the Supremes, I thought Martha and the Vandellas were better too, but as we all know the Supremes were Berry,s and they would dominate. Great record, thanks for posting it. Regards, Dave.

Unknown said...

Good man, Derek ! The Velvelettes
made a lot of great records but this is my absolute favorite -
best heard loud !

Anonymous said...

Pure deliciousness. Thanks Derek!