Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

BYRDIE GREEN - DON'T MAKE IT HURT


From the pen of ace New York songwriters Lori Burton (who I recently read sang backing on John Lennon's "#9 Dream) and Pamela Sawyer, here's Detroit's Byrdie Green (mostly known as a jazz singer) OWNING the song with one of her r&b 45 releases. Lovely stuff!

Sadly, Byrdie passed away in 2008 while part of the touring cast of Broadway show "Black & Blue".

from 1969...

BYRDIE GREEN - DON'T MAKE IT HURT

2 comments:

John DeAngelis said...

Beautiful AND soulful!!!

YankeeBoy said...

Nice record. Lori Burton and Pam Sawyer also wrote "I Aint Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore" for the Young Rascals. And Lori Burton recorded the girl group classic "Nightmare" under the name The Whyte Boots. That song can be found on her solo album which was reissued last year by (I think) Rev-Ola. The rest of the album is in more of a Carole King singer/songwriter vein and not so much to my taste but is pretty good for what it is.

I'm guessing that the flip side of this was a more upbeat track which I'd love to hear sometime - if you wouldn't mind posting it.