Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

JESSIE MAE - DON'T FREEZE ON ME


I'm afraid that I know nothing of the Jessie Mae heard on this recording (not to be confused with blues singer Jessie Mae Hemphill).

Whoever this mysterious singer is, she delivers a STORM of a performance on this incredible record.

Thanks to google archiving old Billboard magazines, I learned that the DRA label A&R was run by DJ Al jarvis, who claims to have discovered Nat King Cole, Frankie Lane & Gogi Grant. He certainly found an INCREDIBLE singer in Jessie Mae. Please write if you know any more!

from 1962...

JESSIE MAE - DON'T FREEZE ON ME

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Based upon the (tenuous) Frankie Lane connection I wondered if it might be Jessie Mae Robinson, but it seems not based upon this link (http://blindman.15.forumer.com/a/sneakin39-around-jessie-mae-robinson_post11892.html)

C. von Grumpy said...

Love it to death, thank you Sir!

Holly said...

This is great - thank you!

Saxophone Steve said...

I thought I was listening to Aretha Franklin. I am would not be surprised to learn Aretha cut this under a pseudonym. If not, "Jessie" was heavy influenced by Franklin.