Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, June 24, 2011

LITTLE BOB - I CAN'T TAKE IT


Little Bob (Camille Bob) has been active on the New Orleans music scene for over fifty years!

A few years back I featured his genius boozin' anthem "I Got Loaded", and I have been hot on the trail of this particular 45 for YEARS. Very tricky to find, but I recently scored a copy. It's a lovely rollicking summertime groove that showcases Bob's sweet vocals in the most raw, direct way possible. I love the stripped to the bone sound of this record, straight out of the basement.

from 1966...

LITTLE BOB - I CAN'T TAKE IT

2 comments:

brianbrora said...

Nice track - the tune reminds me of ''Twisting The Night Away''!!

Baxterdogg said...

An entire album of Little Bob including I can't take it:

http://twilightzone-rideyourpony.blogspot.com/2011/06/little-bob-lollipops-i-got-loaded-south.html