Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, July 4, 2011

THE CREATION - BIFF, BANG, POW


While I do my best to keep up a wide variety of sounds on this here piece of the web, I'm still so fired up about yesterday's post and my whole love of England that I can't resist posting a side by The Creation PROPER.

What else can I say about this all time TUNE? 1966 was a very good year for music indeed.

If I were faced with the thankless task to pick only one song that epitomizes what my idea of mod represents, it would be this track.

from 1966...

THE CREATION - BIFF BANG POW

8 comments:

Katie said...

The Creation rulesssss. So very jealous that you own this 45.

Derek See said...

it's not an easy one to find BUT the trickiest one for me to track down was the US copy of "Life Is Just Beginning/ How Does It Feel To Feel". Took me ages...

ana-b said...

Is it just me, or is Divshare back to it's evil ways?..ie, no downloads?

Mike said...

The US Decca "How Does It Feel" was a harder get than the Mark Four? Surprised.
Only trouble with the US Planet "Painter Man" is that it's mastered at the wrong speed. I have a stock copy on that one.

Derek See said...

Ana, I just downloaded the track, all worked fine (and I made sure I wasn't signed in). Mike, I found the Mark Four at a shop in England for pretty cheap. Intoxica in London always seems to have a copy but they are always 150 pounds!

ana-b said...

Ah well, I guess it's just me, but I still can't download and I have an account....several in fact.

Anonymous said...

I & I'm sure too you love The Action. "Shadows & Reflections". It's 0ne of my all time faves!
As an old South London Mod It evokes so many memories. But of course That was 1967! Stay Cool man Wantcha!

Derek See said...

LOVE the action.