Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

PRETTY BOY LAMAR - YOU ARE GONNA BE SORRY b/w I AM IN LOVE


A mystery!

Other than the fact that "I Am In Love" is a favorite of the lowrider oldies folks (and with its dreamy, late night sound it's for good reason!) I can't dig up any information about Pretty Boy or this record.

I would assume that this is a Los Angeles record, as the label was located there, and it does have that "East Side" sound thing goin' on.

"You Are Gonna Be Sorry" is a great mid-tempo dancer featuring that "broadcasting from another dimension" sound; full of intrigue, mystery and verve.

from 1963...

PRETTY BOY LAMAR - YOU ARE GONNA BE SORRY



b/w I AM IN LOVE

4 comments:

Mike said...

Killer piece which i'm ashamed and suprised at the same time i don't know at all until now,and the label with the address just does it for me.Thanks for the introduction

G MAN said...

Big thanks for posting these dynamite tracks....itz much appreciated! Nice scan 2 go with the post 2....thanx again Derek!

debbra2 said...

love this song- I know the man who sang this! He still is singing! go man go!

debbra2 said...

love this song! it is so sweet and I love his voice.