Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

THE MARK FOUR - HURT ME IF YOU WILL b/w I'M LEAVING



I've been in England on tour for the last few days and I always get a bit misty eyed when I have to leave, which I will be doing tomorrow. Luckily, I caught a brilliant mod night called Pork And Beans at a club in Camden called Positively 4th Street Friday night on my precious time off. No time for record shopping though, alas!

Leaving the UK reminds me of this great number on a blazing double sider from the group that, shortly after this release, became the Creation. "Hurt Me If You Will" is a top notch beat raver, but things get VERY interesting on side B, where genius guitarist Eddie Phillips takes a ground breaking, extended feedback break. While the Who pioneered the UK use of melodic noise, Phillips takes it to a completely other level here.

Thanks to all of my firends here in the UK, it truly feels like a second home. I'll miss you, merrie olde.

from 1965...

THE MARK FOUR - HURT ME IF YOU WILL



b/w I'M LEAVING

2 comments:

nOF said...

"I'm leaving" was an interesting cut, thanks

wallythe24 said...

fantastic double-sider !!!