Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

BETTYE SWANN - I THINK I'M FALLING IN LOVE


Bettye Swann (transplanted from Arcadia, LA to Los Angeles in 1963 at age 19) recorded this final single for Money Records before moving on to Capitol Records during her string of excellent 60's singles.

This is one of those sides that immediately sinks in its claws with a fabulous intro that completely takes off with Bettye's fabulous vocal entry matched with some equally excellent female backing vocals. I especially love what happens at 1:28; pure nirvana achieved at 45 RPM.

from 1967...

BETTYE SWANN - I THINK I'M FALLING IN LOVE



Like Derek's Daily 45 on Facebook

3 comments:

Russ said...

Your DivShare streams don't seem to be loading but fortunately I know this one well.

I also love that you are someone else that appreciates "bits" of records, those few seconds that just leave you open mouthed or smiling or exclaimimg WOW!

My current favoutite "bit" is here http://morrisdancing29.blogspot.com/2011/12/vinyl-adventures-16.html at around 2 mins 14. Hell that Smokey could sing.

Anonymous said...

Derek,

This single hits like a funky atom bomb. Wow! Love Bettye's best singles. One to direct your attention to is her Capitol Classic "Don't Touch Me". A miracle my example still plays as well as it does. And I bought that one unheard thanks to you and others.

PRINCE OF BALLARD said...

i'm warning you, this fast version of this song just might melt your face.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpRYckXMlWo

might be one of my favorite soul songs of all time.