Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

DEON JACKSON - I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU


Ann Arbor, MI native Deon Jackson ended his recording career on a very classy note with this record. Deon's career began in 1964, when, fresh out of high school, he was discovered by brilliant producer Ollie McLaughlin. A year later he scored a massive hit with the beautiful "Love Makes The World Go Round". Deon continued to release records in that vein which showed off his gorgeous, clear tenor voice. He is now a principle at a suburban Illinois high school!

Soul fans will always love Deon Jackson.

from 1969...

DEON JACKSON - I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU


Like Derek's Daily 45 on Facebook

4 comments:

wilfofhove said...

RIP Howard Tate. Few voices were more soulful.

Pete W said...

Derek, forgive me, but as a grammatical and spelling pedant from way back I have to point out that, although Mr Jackson may well be a man of principLE, he is in fact a school principAL. It's the principLE of the thing you see (and that's the principAL thing I was going to say...)
Nice track though - right in that delightful early-to-mid 60s cool-soul bag like "Hello Stranger" and "Two Lovers" for instance!

Derek See said...

You're absolutely right, a silly typo on my part. I am my own sound producer, audio engineer, graphic designer, writer, editor and publisher. Occasionaly liddle mitsakes happpen. Butt vary rarelee.

Pete W said...

Quite right too, and good for you - one thing I've learnt is "never delegate"!