Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, March 26, 2012

THE EMOTIONS - I CAN'T STAND NO MORE HEART ACHES


I'm a lover of harmony singing to the highest degree, and the Hutchinson sisters (Sheila, Wanda and Jeanette) outta Chicago consistently laid out some of the most divine (and in this case, serious stomp and ass kicking) harmonies ever cut to wax. There is simply NOTHING like the harmony blend of blood relations, and here, on their debut disc as the Emotions, the Hutchinson's completely blow it into the stratosphere.

And the real kicker? These young ladies were between 14-16 years old when they cut this record. Add to that whoever the musicians are playing on this track- these people put in a HEROIC performance.

Already, at this tender age they were BETTER than the majority of "singers" in this day and age that rely on autotune and cut 'n paste to put together a "performance".

Sometimes I think about why I get so excited about these records; the answer is simple. It's the REAL THING. Now pardon me while I listen to this jam for the 8th time in a row this morning.

from 1967...

THE EMOTIONS - I CAN'T STAND NO MORE HEART ACHES


Like Derek's Daily 45 on Facebook

3 comments:

DJWaterman said...

Still finding them and providing an alternative soundtrack to modern life.

Holly said...

This is simply wonderful. Thank you, Derek!

$t@bs Ök€h said...

Brilliant record D. Had it a few years now dunt hear it ont Northern scene unless I play it! Flip sides good as well.