Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

THE EYES OF BLUE - DON'T ASK ME TO MEND YOUR BROKEN HEART b/w SUPERMARKET FULL OF CANS


Hailing from Wales, The Eyes Of Blue were STRONGLY influenced by the U.S soul sound, as heard on this double sider, as well as their excellent debut; a cover of The Parliaments "Heart Trouble".

The group delivers a very nice sound on both sides, and my preference falls towards "Don't Ask me...", although "Supermarket" tends to get a bit more attention. Don't get me wrong, I really dig "Supermarket" but from a songwriting perspective I find the lyrics a bit clunky (although it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the song!)

from 1967...

THE EYES OF BLUE - DON'T ASK ME TO MEND YOUR BROKEN HEART

b/w SUPERMARKET FULL OF CANS


Like Derek's Daily 45 on Facebook

1 comment:

Holly said...

Rhank you, Derek! I think I'll actually be humming 'Supermarket' tonight...