Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

SHIRLEY WAHLS - WHY AM I CRYING

I can't BELIEVE what Shirley Wahls does with her voice at :57 into this track, repeats again before each chorus, then completely blows the roof off during the outro. What an incredible vocal range!

Shirley spent most of her career singing and recording gospel records, Shirley moved to Arkansas to Chicago around 1966 and cut a handful of secular sides of which this was the first.

from 1967...

SHIRLEY WAHLS - WHY AM I CRYING


3 comments:

tut said...

I hear this and then I think of what we are subjected to on a daily basis of sucky whiny little girl voices..wow..this is GOLD..thanks1

Anonymous said...

What a voice, astounding vocal range no singer has today on record. Nice gospelly soulful vocal with no whining or strain. Superb tune and arrangement. Derek, you've turned me on to a lot of good tunes. Thanks for one of my favorite blogs ever.

Derek See said...

my pleasure, thanks Czar!