Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

JEAN WELLS - WITH MY LOVE AND WHAT YOU'VE GOT (WE COULD TURN THE WORLD AROUND)


While it's hard to pick favorites, I will say that I am very drawn to soul records made in the era (say, '66-69) where the influence of James Brown's funk bag permeates the classic songwriting of 60's soul. There are so many monster records made during this period, of which this is certainly one.

from 1968...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Derek, she's certainly one hell of an artist. I've just secured her "The Calla Recordings" and just love the songs and her vocals.

Do you know if she's still with us ? I've combed the Internet to no avail. Her last known recording was 1981, but I can't find a trail on her. Thought you or your mates might know ?

All the best for 2009.
Regards,
Ian Wright, South Australia.