Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

PAT & PAM - I LOVE YOU YES I DO b/w I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU

The first thing that struck me about the Pat & Pam records (of which I have both of their releases, and this is the first of which I'll be featuring here) are how Pat & Pam TRULY sound like one voice. The harmonies heard here are the kind of thing that can only happen through blood relations or one person overdubbing a harmony.

In researching P&P for this post, I learned that they're twins! How appropriate! Turns out that they are the daughters of Chicago DJ Lucky Cordell; himself a very powerful jock at Chicago's WVON ("the Voice Of The Negro"- probably the most influential soul station in the nation during the '60's).

Turns out Pat & Pam were VERY young at the time of these records, but one would never know, given the confidence of their performance.

Both sides are glorious; excellent songs, fantastic Chicago soul backing, and a great vibe; but you know what I love about this record more than anything?  I love the fact that the girls' pitch wavers slightly at times! It's so real, so beautiful and so human.

If  "I Love You, Yes I Do" does not melt your heart into a warm puddle, you've reached the wrong site, baby.

from c1970...

PAT & PAM - I LOVE YOU YES I DO

b/w I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU

No comments: