Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

MCKINLEY MITCHELL - THE TOWN I LIVE IN

At age 24 (1958), McKinley Mitchell left his home (and his gospel roots) in Jackson, Mississippi to make his home in Chicago. A few years and a few records later, he waxed his biggest hit (which I present today); McKinley's voice is guaranteed to give anyone whoever had a heart goosebumps and bow to the glory of this beautiful record.

from 1962...

MCKINLEY MITCHELL - THE TOWN I LIVE IN


2 comments:

Mellow said...

In my opinion, his best is "Rock Everybody Rock," from the late 1950s I think.

Anonymous said...

One of the best known McKinley Mitchell records of that era. Still sounds superb today. If you have never heard his late 1970's Chimneyville Records hit "At The End Of The Rainbow" don't miss it. Love anything McKinley Mitchell ever laid down to wax.