Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

THE BUTTONS - SHIMMY SHIMMY WATUSI

Like so many early girl group records, this song won't set the world ablaze with social relevance or the power of a song that makes us think; instead, it goes right for the gut with a message that may seem mindless on the surface. HOWEVER, any song that can make us feel this happy when it spins is smarter than we can truly gauge!

Genius Chicago producer Carl Davis was summoned to Nashville to cut this disc, which was (I believe) the only release from these Tennessee gals.

I had all but forgotten about this track until yesterday afternoon when it popped up on ipod shuffle play while I was driving; it sounded so good I had no choice but to turn it up til my speakers distorted. See, i support SOME modern technology!

from 1962...

THE BUTTONS - SHIMMY SHIMMY WATUSI

1 comment:

DaveO said...

Made me happy! Nice one Derek..
Cheers,
Dave