Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

DARROW FLETCHER - NOW IS THE TIME FOR LOVE pt1


It's no secret how much I dig Darrow, if you've been hangin' around this blog for a while. This was one of those notoriously tough to get 45's but hell yeah it was worth the wait. Psychedelic soul at its' best. Part two is really cool (just keeps the jam going) as well; if you wanna hear it I'll email it to you.

from 1971...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog is good
i like it

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your posts. Can you put this on divshare like the rest please?

Davey

Derek See said...

Davey, divshare was down this morning so I had no choice. Either click on it to listen or right click to save.

KL from NYC said...

I'm not sure if you take requests, but I've got one.
I've been trying to find a decent copy of Alvin Cash's "Keep On Dancin'" (both sides, Part 1 & 2 -- Part 2 is the side most people played when it was released). It was released on Toddlin' Town, and distributed for part of its run by Scepter. All copies seem to have been made from those cheap polystyrene molds (no vinyl, not even recycled) and the existing copies are usually a mess even if they look good -- and they've become somewhat expensive.
I don't really need a copy of the record, I just want the songs. I had bought it when it was new and I haven't been able to replace it.
I'm already on your e-mail list, so I'll definitely see it if you post it.
Thanks.
KL from NY

Derek See said...

Hi Kl-

I DO have that 45, and my copy sounds okie dokie. I would be happy to email it to you, just remind me of your email address! I am not sure which email addy is yours. D

Secular said...

Thanks for posting this - I was unfamiliar with Darrow Fletcher until recently, and he quickly became a favorite. I hadn't come across this 45 and am really enjoying it. Enough that I'd like to hear the other side!

Robert