Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

LEON HAYWOOD - IT'S GOT TO BE MELLOW


I've been writing and blogging from the road for the last few weeks, and today I'm writing from Ostrava in the Czech Republic. Practically everything is closed on Saturdays and Sundays (except the bars) and while I was pondering THAT situation this old favorite came to mind. I was convinced that I must have featured it at some time in the past but luckily, I have not. Just the perfect song for today, I reckon.

Working as a session man in Los Angeles (where he relocated to in the early 60's), this single was Haywood's first charting record on his own. His mighty "Baby Reconsider" (a past 45 of the day) was also waxed around this time.

from 1967...

LEON HAYWOOD - IT'S GOT TO BE MELLOW

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice and true to it's title. Great sax break. Thank you!

Unknown said...

A song that I have always loved. A song that remarkable in sound to My Baby Loves Me, by the Martha Reeves and the Vandellas. Both perfect songs on any day.


Pamela