Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, January 14, 2011

PETE COOKE & THE BABY DOLLS - (THIS IS YOUR LAST KISS) TAKE IT & GIT


This record is simply a MASSIVE r&b screamer and there's not a whole lot to say about it otherwise; Pete Cooke (real name Richard? As that's how he's listed as the writer of the song) was in a gospel group prior, as it seems to be the only hard info about him that I found (from a 1964 Billboard article) and had at least one other 45 release.

Judging by the fact that it is on one of the Bell records offshoot labels (and dig that lovely baby blue vinyl! not seen very often on records from the '60's), I am assuming this is a record cut in New York City. Also taking a wild guess at the year.

from c1964...

8 comments:

Z j A k said...

TOP NOTCH indeed !

Anonymous said...

Check out his other 45 "I Won't Cry" over at Sir Shambling. Very much in the same gospel belter groove as this one. W.

YankeeBoy said...

Great record - wish I could find a copy.

Paul said...

1964 seems about right. His other 45 on Dimension 1037 came out in Oct. 1964.

Unknown said...

His real name is "Lindy Richard Cooke" He was my father.

Unknown said...

As my lil sister said above ...he was our father and his name was Mindy Richard cooke....Anyone who knew him called him pete....I would like to know what made you blog his record??....Are you claiming to be his child??...I would love to know..thank you

Derek See said...

You're trolling me, right? Claiming to be his child? Nope, just like the record.

Unknown said...

Hi Sindy, my husband just found out (through DNA Ancestry) that Pete is Jo's father also.