Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, April 9, 2012

DAMNATION OF ADAM BLESSING - COOKBOOK


While the lyrics may be dated and silly, vocalist Adam Blessing delivers them so well and with such conviction that it simply doesn't matter.

This band from Cleveland, OH sound like some sort of cross between the Stax rhythm section and the Jimi Hendrix Experience on this excellent cut that hit big in their home town but never broke nationally. Turns out that singer Blessing was leading a group called The Society when he saw a group called Dust (not to be confused with the band of the same name that released some LP's in the early 70's) perform. Blessing took the core of Dust (Bob Kalamasz- lead guitar, Bill Schwark- drums), and Ray Benich- bass) to create The Damnation. The group released four albums until their end in 1973.

from 1968...

DAMNATION OF ADAM BLESSING - COOKBOOK


Like Derek's Daily 45 on Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well i m curious about the B side.
this one sounds great.
thanks

Vladimir "Charles" Brown said...

Man, I think I actually had this 45. If I did, the B-side is "Morning Dew".

This little record gave me so much joy when I was kid and I think it helped steer my musical taste into a heavier direction.

Blessed be Adam Blessing!