Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, April 10, 2009

THE CAPITOLS - WE'VE GOT A THING THAT'S IN THE GROOVE


After "Cool Jerk" The Capitols continued releasing 45's that were in that raw vein with very similar grooves to that massive hit. This later track from them is my personal fave, although it still has strong shades of that earlier hit.

from 1966..

THE CAPITOLS - WE'VE GOT A THING THAT'S IN THE GROOVE

4 comments:

Tutti Jackson said...

Do you have Charlotte Leslies's version "Les Filles C’est Fait". It's fuzz-tastic!

Liam Latrine said...

Derek, sorry if I've not been online enough to say thanks, just managed to catch up with the last 10 or so you've emailed.

This track is great, Mary Wells I like and so to the Barb track (all unknown to me). All are very appealing but these three do stand out for me up to now (need to cd them so I can play them in the car haha).

I wanted to ask a quick question also, is it possible that along with the track emailed, could you include the label scan please, it makes me feel like I've got the real vinyl in my hands (or on the deck) when I'm playing it. Hope you can please.

And thanks for keeping these coming.

Todd Lucas said...

Interesting, I just grabbed a copy of this one the other day.

Anonymous said...

Not the most original band, but they did get a great rhythm going. I wasn't familiar with this particular track, but I think I like it. Thanks! W.