Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

ETTA JAMES & SUGARPIE DESANTO - IN THE BASEMENT


I've been wanting to feature this one for SO long but for whatever reason I feel as though I've been keeping it "in my back pocket"; it's a real favorite for sure!

A description can't do any justice to the fire in the grooves on this track.

from 1966...
ETTA JAMES & SUGARPIE DESANTO - IN THE BASEMENT

IN THE BASEMENT PART 2

...and here's my band's take on "In The Basement", with lead vocals by my wife Angeline!

The Bang Girl Group Revue

4 comments:

G the P said...

Ow-chihuahua! This is a HOT TUNE! Great to see it featured!

ana-b said...

there are two different mixes of this song...the other is an album version?

it has 'party noise' in the background, and is missing the xylophone and tasty guitar lick at the beginning..probably a few other details are different as well, i haven't listened all that closely..

anyway, this mix is better...now i know to pickup a copy if i see it...

thanks..

Stuart Shea said...

this is a classic. two quite spectacular singers. I would have loved to see them in the studio together.

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to know what was on the b-side in the basement part 2. Was it an instrumental version of the song or was it a continuation of part 1. Could Derek or anyone please tell me? From johnniek@slingshot.co.nz